Terms and Conditions
We will be pleased to accept animals for boarding on the
- All dogs must be inoculated and have the necessary annual booster injections
against Hard Pad, Distemper, Leptospirosis, and Parvo Virus–all must have been administered within the last 12 months and no later than 14 days prior to arrival.
We require all dogs to have been treated for fleas and worms before boarding. Kennel Cough Vaccination is not a requirement at Farcroft and so is therefore optional , however if given it must have been done a minimum of 4 weeks prior to boarding with us. Any dog boarding without kennel cough vacination is boarded at the owners own risk.
All cats must be inoculated and have the necessary annual booster injections against
Feline Infectious Enteritis and Cat Flu –all must have been administered within
the last 12 months and no later than 14 days prior to arrival. We require all cats to have been treated for fleas and worms before boarding.
A valid and up-to-date certificate from the vet must be produced upon arrival or unfortunately we will have to refuse to take the dog/cat, as we must protect boarding animals within our care. If a valid vaccination document is not produced then we reserve the right add an administration charge of £10 to your bill to seek clarification of your pets status from your vet. If a valid vaccination card is not presented and your vet is unable or unwilling to confirm your pets vaccination status then we will be unable to accept your pet for boarding and you will forfeit any deposits paid.
- In the event of injury to or illness of a cat or dog, Farcroft will instruct your designated veterinary surgeon if feasible, or use the
services of our own appointed vet. Costs thereof will be met by our Insurance Scheme under their Terms and Conditions to a maximum of £1500. Vets fees incurred as a result of any
condition, illness, injury or disability that exists prior to boarding will not be covered under Farcrofts insurance, therefore costs will be the responsibility of the owner(s).
The professional opinion of the veterinary surgeon will be deemed as being in the best interest of the animal.
- The animal's owner accepts and agrees that whilst every care and attention is given to the animal(s), they are accepted by Farcroft at the
owner’s risk. Also, belongings (such as toys, blankets, beds, leads, collars, feeding bottles, bowls, carriers and cages) are also left at the owner's risk.
- When a booking is made, a fixed date on which the owner will collect the animal will be agreed. If the owner wishes to collect the animal
before that date, they may do so but will remain liable to pay boarding fees up to the agreed collection date.
- All rates are daily. Boarding fees will be charged at prevailing rate at time of departure. Any part of the day counts as a whole
- Owners must settle their accounts in full before the animal is removed.
- We will from time to time take photographs of the animals in our care for publication on our website and Facebook, if you do not wish your pet
to be photographed please let a member of staff know when you book in.
- No booking shall be fully accepted until a minimum £20 per animal per week deposit has been received by Farcroft. Deposits are non-refundable.
If no deposit is received at least one month before booking date, then the book is liable to be cancelled. If you have cancelled numerous times you will be asked for
at least a 50% deposit.
- If a booking is cancelled or altered, deposits will only be transferred if written cancellation or alteration is received 28 days before the
intended arrival date.Any shorter than 28 days and you will loss the deposit altogether.
- If any animal is left for seven days beyond the booked departure date without contact from the owner or a representative the animal will be deemed abandoned. We will then follow the procedure to rehome or relocate the animal to a rescue centre. All boarding fees and other costs up until the time the animal is rehoused will remain the responsibility of the owner.